Trends for spring/summer 2018, my favourite outfit from Berlin and 10 x typically over 30
My sweeties, today, I would like to show you my favourite outfit from Berlin fashion week. This cute look includes a striped shirt and wide trousers by VILA* and wow, I have to say, both items are sooo comfy! Wide trousers are totally my thing right now, I could wear them every day. These VILA ones, especially, because they have the perfect texture and weight. I’ve styled them with a relaxed plissée shirt with cool stripes that give the whole outfit a sporty 70s look. This is also thanks to the wide sleeves of the shirt, of course. This combination is relaxed and chic at the same time and I appreciate that very much in an outfit.
Plissée will definitely stay with us for yet another season, of that I am sure. Same goes for the stripes thing. You wouldn’t believe how many striped pieces I’ve already hoarded for springtime, haha. It’s definitely one of my all-time favourite patterns and it’s much more grown-up than floral print for example. Also, the wide trousers thing is a great trend for me and I will definitely be wearing more of them in 2018. I’m kind of blaming my age for my growing wish of comfort and that is also why I’ve collected some examples for the fact that you do act a little differently once you’ve reached the age of 30…
1. you are very happy when someone guesses your age and they think you’re still under 25
2. you keep watching your face in the mirror, wondering about that new wrinkle on your forehead
3. you’re drinking more wine and leaving the house much less than you used to
4. you prefer staying at home with your man to going out to party with friends – any time!
5. you finally start buying abonnements for “grown-ups” magazines like critical newspapers
6. the amount of fresh vegetables in your kitchen grows while the amount of pizza diminishes
7. you start taking Sunday afternoon walks with your man – in the park
8. you start booking all inclusive holidays
9. you start thinking more and more about your health and about anti-aging products
10. you can’t stand Berlin anymore
I hope you had a good laugh reading this list, I certainly did, hehe. Even thought it’s all pretty much true.
How do you like my outfit and what are your trends for spring/summer 2018? Do let me know in the comments!