This January, we shared our Travel Bucket List 2018. In said article, which you may of course read again, we had the chance to hope and dream and share our travel ideas and plans with you all. Now that we are slowly approaching the end of this year, we thought we should look back at this intense travel year 2018 together with you all.
Which countries did we in fact visit? Which ones did we add? Which ones didn’t work out? And what’s our next travel destination? I’m going to answer all these questions for you and myself in today’s post as I really love looking back and see how good we are at making our dreams and plans come true.
Our Travel Bucket List 2018
Here’s that famous list again which I published in January:
– South of France and Provence
– the Swiss Alps
– Los Angeles and San Francisco, maybe as a road trip along the west coast of the USA
Furthermore, I told you that we were planning to fly to Marrakech at the beginning of 2018, to the Canaries and to Mallorca.
And what happened to our travel plans?
Well, we did happen to visit most countries on our list:
– Marrakech was, as expected, incredibly exciting, intense, inspiring and wonderful. And I love thinking back to our marvelous hotel Selman Marrakech with their beautiful Arabian horses.
– We didn’t manage to visit the Canaries in February, but next week, we’ll be spending 10 days in Tenerife and La Gomera Not a bad idea for the end of November, either, right?
– Mallorca was a springtime dream again with lovely warm weather and crystal clear, turquoise water. But Mallorca is always a good idea!
– Also, my wish to finally visit Bali came true this year. We visited the island for my birthday in May and I love thinking back to all the lovely people, the good food, the beautiful nature and the Indian Ocean.
– We didn’t make it to Croatia this year, but we definitely have the country on our bucket list for 2019!
– My wish to visit Los Angeles and San Francisco turned into a solo visit to L.A., but that was mighty fine for a first impression of the West Coast. Next time, we’ll definitely have to make a road trip, though. Perhaps from east to west along the famous Route 66?
– The Swiss Alps turned into another mountain visit as we were invited to discover the beautiful Dolomites. A special trip as it was my first time ever in the mountains and I loved it.
– But The South of France really became the place where Max and I lost our hearts. We never felt so right anywhere in the world which is why we gotta move and live there some day. Until then, we have planned a longer road trip with our old Citroen through Les Landes for next year and we’re already looking forward to that.
Additionally, we also visited beautiful cities like Berlin, Munich, Paris, Amsterdam, London and oh yes, we also went to the Dutch North Sea coast again. Our favorite place there? Bloemendaal aan Zee! And probably, I’ve forgotten somewhere really important right now…
But, as you can see, almost all our plans turned into an unforgettable trip this year and we are really happy about that. Let’s see if 2019 will be another intense travel year. We definitely can’t wait for it!