“Vive la tricolore” or how I turned into a living flag.
My sweeties, today I’m showing you (another, of course) typical outfit à la Parisienne. It’s easy to see with all the typical colours and stripes. But next to the awesome and utterly beautiful striped shirt, I’ve especially fallen in love with denim culottes, lately. Such a trendy item that you either luuurve or detest. It’s just a fact. But I love them, my new denim culottes by Vero Moda!
So yes, either you love denim culottes or you hate them. If you love them, you will probably adore the fact that they’re so light and easy to wear in springtime, when it finally gets warmer. If you hate them, you will probably say they make you look short and fat like a Hobbit. Well, I say both are true but there are some easy to follow steps that will make you look great in culottes and not at all like a Baggins, a Boffin, a Brandybock or a Tuck (Hobbit last names, you know). Here are my hints on how to wear culottes and look great in them:
1) The top you’re combining your culottes with shouldn’t be all wide and loose but well-fitted. It will give your body more shape, especially if you have a nice belly.
2) Or just tuck your shirt in at the front like I did in this outfit. It will already make you look leaner and taller. Vertical stripes will also optically stretch your figure.
3) Look for culottes that have the right length for you. If you are on the shorter side of things, look for shorter culottes or you will definitely look like a Hobbit. I am rather tall, so these culottes by Vero Moda are perfect for me, but they might not be for you if you are a bit shorter.
4) Rather style culottes with heels than with Birkenstocks. Hobbits don’t wear pumps because of their huge, hairy feet, but you girls can, so you should. They will give your culottes an instant style-update!
5) Extra tip: If you really want your legs to look much longer, wear nude coloured pumps. They optically stretch your legs to the sky, no lies!
I hope these little hints did help you a bit when it comes to styling culottes. Do you also follow this trend already? What’s your opinion on culottes and how do you like my outfit? Let me know!