… and 5 Yoga-exercises for everyone who’s got to sit a lot at work.
My sweeties, after I had already talked about the first POP IMPRESSION area at Peek & Cloppenburg (There are two independent companies Peek & Cloppenburg in Germany with their headquarters in Düsseldorf and Hamburg. This is a blog post released in cooperation with Peek & Cloppenburg KG, Düsseldorf. Its store locations can be found on peek-cloppenburg.de.) back in March – you can still find that first blogpost right here – I now would like to inform you of the second installment of POP IMPRESSION* which is called “Real Movement” and yes, it’s all about sports and sporty, healthy lifestyle.
This time, you can find the following brands at POP IMPRESSION:
Today, I’m taking you along the new POP IMPRESSION area on Instastories @catsanddogsblog, I’m gonna show you all the brands and the decoration, but here on the blog, I want to give you guys some sporty inspiration. I would like to show you my favourite Yoga-poses for a stronger back. This will be especially helpful if you spend your days sitting at a computer screen or smartphone for many hours.
For this post, I am wearing a sporty combo by Puma. It is part of a new Puma collection called „En Pointe“, which combines streetwear, feminine dancing sports and energizing martial arts. But even for Yoga, these items are ideal, comfy and so beautiful. And my phone, which I use for my Yoga app Asana Rebel, is dressed in a white marble case by Happy Plugs.
And now I’m gonna show you my favourite back stretching exercises!
1. Downward facing dog: A classic and personal favourite of mine for stretching my back, while my shoulders and neck are being relaxed. In this position, it’s easy to breathe deeply and let new energy flow through the whole of my body.
2. Warrior II: This position is perfect to give new strength to the muscles in back and neck, but also to the lower back and legs. It also helps to find your balance. Just remember not to pull up your shoulders but to drop them down a little by bringing your shoulders together on your back.
3. Chair pose with a twist: This exercise is great to twist and relax your spine and to give new strength to your lower back. It also gives more strength to your legs and bum.
4. Puppy-pose: This is one of the most relaxing back-exercises for me. The spine and shoulders are being stretched and relaxed, you can breathe better and find your inner balance.
5. Child-pose: This exercise is great to turn to your inside, listen to your body and breathe deeply down into your stomach. Neck and back are being stretched nicely and you can relax so perfectly.
I hope these exercises will help you take a break for your back from working at the computer for hours. You can do these exercises at work or after work at home and they won’t take longer than 15 minutes. I feel like they really help my back so nicely and I wouldn’t want to miss out on them for one more day of my life.
Photography: Max Bechmann