Christmas time is the most beautiful time in winter for many of us. We’re feeling excited and can’t wait for the festivities with family and friends. We love the sparkling Christmas lights that make this dark season shine bright and enjoy drinking mulled wine on the Christmas market. It’s a magical season, that’s for sure!
But for at least as many of us, Christmas is also incredibly stressful. So many things need to be planned in advance, lots of social events that want to be attended, presents need to be organized and a Christmas tree has to be bought as well. I could name so many more things on the list, but I think you get the point. It’s easy to forget about yourself when the times are that busy.
But Christmas doesn’t have to be stressful like that. In order to get through the festive season on a normal to relaxed level, I have collected 10 ideas on how to have a less stressful Christmas. I hope this list will help some of you and if it does, it would make me incredibly happy.
10 x how to be less stressed during the Christmas season
1. Take breaks in which you can unwind and calm down. Tell yourself: “Not everything has to be done right now.”
2. Listen to yourself and to your body. Treat it with something nice like a hot bath, a sweet snack or a face mask from time to time.
3. Do sports even during the stressful Christmas season. Movement reduces stress and gives you new strength.
4. Write a to-do list for the festive season so that you may really visualize all your tasks.
5. Spread these tasks onto different days. Rome wasn’t built in one day, either.
6. Let others help you with all your tasks. Your partner or your best friend will happily help you.
7. Be self-aware. Visualize all the things you have already achieved and praise yourself for that.
8. Take your time for meditation. It helps to calm down your body and your mind.
9. Take long walks during sunny winter days. Sun helps producing vitamin D which gets you in a better mood and generally supports your normal body functions.
10. The most important thing: it’s only Christmas. Don’t worry about it too much and remember that nobody will blame you for not being perfect.