“Oh, the weather outside is frightful…”, but exactly that makes me want to cuddle up at home and treat myself with some beauty new favourites to make me feel happier. I know that in these dark, cold days, it can be easy to just become numb and unmotivated, but you know, you gotta find your own routines to turn some minutes during a normal workday into tiny little spa moments. I like to call them spa because that’s exactly what it feels like to me.
And these nice little helpers from beauty-land can do just that. They smell amazing, give your skin and hair some special care and even look really cute. I always get to try so many new things all the time, and I love that, so it’s great to find a couple of true little wonders among the mass of new beauty products. The ones I’m showing you today have really convinced me in the past couple of weeks, so I wanted to introduce them to you all and perhaps, that will inspire you as well to try out something new and treat yourself to some tiny spa moments during your cold November days. Enjoy!
My 5 care and beauty-favourites this month:
1. Benefit Benetint fluid for lips and cheeks: I love this mostly because of its scent which reminds me of a garden full of roses in bloom. It reminds me of summer and warm nights walking in the arms of my man. And what good does Benetint do? Well, it easily gives your lips and cheeks a fresh, rosy colour as if you just came home from an autumn walk. Perfect, easy and also great for travelling. I was so surprised by this product, I’d tell all my friends to try it out.
2. Biotherm Aquasource face cream for dry skin: it’s perfect if you have very dry skin and suffer from the heated, dry air inside during the winter months because it offers your facial skin heaps of hydration over the day thanks to the high concentration of Life Plankton inside. My skin feels so much softer after having applied it, the formula is light and as a bonus point, it also smells like fresh orange yogurt. Perfect!
3. Shiseido Ultimune Eye: If you have ever tried Ultimune before, the eye serum is the perfect addition to the family. It strengthens the skin’s own immune system and gives your skin around the eyes that extra freshness it always wanted.
4. eos lip balm in sweet vanilla: I’ve become a fan of the eos lip balms during summer and have ever since stayed true to them – they give my lips a soft touch without ever feeling sticky. I also wear it under my lipstick from time to time. For winter, however, I have fallen in love with this one specific eos scent called sweet vanilla. Perhaps just because it’s so Christmas-y, applying the eos lip balm always becomes another one of those little spa-moments.
5. Kérastase Elixir Ultime hair oil: I can tell you one thing – if you feel like your hair is lacking softness and glow, perhaps from all the straightening, colouring etc., you should try this innovative 4-oil formula by Kérastase. It straightens the hair structure and accelerates the cell renewal while repairing the brittle parts of the cuticle of your hair. It’s a wonderful product for me AND my hair… so yes, we are both very happy, hehe.