What to do if winter doesn’t want to end?
Girls and boys, today, I don’t wanna moan about the weather! Instead, I wanna talk about ways to avoid winter and make it feel like spring, even if you don’t leave and fly to warmer climes.
Of course, we’d always prefer to fly away and find somewhere warm with a beach, but that’ll have to wait another month. After all, spending the whole of January, February and perhaps even March somewhere far away would be quite expensive, even if you can work from basically everywhere when you’re a blogger/photographer couple.
But instead, we have been finding some nice possibilities to make home feel like spring, even if it’s still snowing outside. And we’ve collected those ideas in this post:
5 ways to make it feel like spring, even in late winter:
1. Inform yourself about the botanical gardens nearby. In the greenhouses, you have nice, green plants of course and a cozy 17°C to 22°C! Near to our home, we have got the Botanical Garten of the Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf and there, in the South Africa house (where we also shot this outfit), we even discovered some tables and chairs where you can sit down and enjoy the sun shining through the glass and the green plants. Bring along some coffee and you can actually forget that it’s still cold outside. And the best? It doesn’t cost a penny!
2. If you’re really feeling super cold again, why not visit your nearest Solarium for 20 minutes of warmth and brightness. I know it’s not the best for the skin, but if you do use a good moisturizer for your skin afterwards and if you don’t go there too often, it will be fine. You’ll immediately feel warm from the inside and out and you’ll also get a healthy, nice tan. Bye bye, white winter skin! But be careful: the Solarium tan doesn’t protect you from the sun’s UV-rays at all!
3. Go out and buy some fresh flowers! They smell so good and make your home look and smell like a springtime meadow! It’s the best thing you can do for your soul!
4. A day at a SPA or swimming pool can work wonders, especially, if they also have saunas! Just make it feel like a holiday-day and warm up from the inside and have loads of fun! A place where Max and I really want to go soon is the Vabali Spa in Düsseldorf! There, you can easily spend a whole day and mentally prepare for your next holiday!
5. And if all that doesn’t help? Oh, easy! Simply go and shop the new collection from Rouje, hehe! My dress and bag in today’s outfit both are from the Spring-Collection by Rouje, my espadrilles are from Castaner and my sunnies are from Adam Selman x Le Specs. So, whoever believes all this won’t help, well… must be a weirdo, somehow, hehe!