How easily you’ll be perfectly dressed for a short weekend getaway!
My sweeties, after we all had a good laugh in my last blogpost, today won’t be less entertaining, but perhaps a little more educational.
Because today, I have brought along a few tips on what to pack in your hand luggage if you want to get away for a little city trip with your friends or your boyfriend/girlfriend.
You probably do know the scenario: for a short trip, that perhaps lats 1-2 days, you want to be sure that you pack the right things, so instead of maybe 3 outfits, you pack 10 and in the end, wonder why you didn’t wear any of the stuff but really got an aching back from lifting your heavy luggage.
But hey, I have got something to help this problem, because, over the years, I’ve turned into a true hand luggage packing pro and so here come some tips on what to pack into your hand luggage so you won’t have much to carry much, but still have the maximum combination possibilities.
5 x WHAT and HOW to pack for a weekend getaway?
1. Pack 1-2 favourite pieces that you can combine with anything: for me, this would be a perfect pair of jeans and a biker jacket.
2. Choose 2-3 light tops which you can easily combine with your basics. For my jeans, this would be a white, chic blouse, a white t-shirt and a black or navy silk top or camisole.
3. Roll your clothing instead of folding it. In this way, the pieces will look less “out-of-the-suitcase” and you’ll have a lot more storage room in the end, it’s surprising!
4. 3 pairs of shoes are the absolute maximum for a weekend trip! For example, pack one pair of open slippers, sandals or the like, one pair of sneakers or boots and one pair of nice going-out shoes with heels. One of the pairs, you’ll naturally already be wearing on your travel.
5. Pack a little box (I always use a sunglasses case) with your favourite jewelry and watches and perhaps, also a silky scarf, which you can wear around your neck, on your bag or even around your head as an accessory.
Et voilà, these are all the clothes you’ll need for your trip!
You see, in this way, you can create an incredible amount of different looks with the minimal amount of pieces to take along. You can style your pieces in a casual or in a super chic way, just change the accessories. And with all these styling possibilities, you’ll still have enough space in your hand luggage for all the other things you’ll need like underwear, make-up, a book or your phone’s charger. How do you like my tips and the pictures? Do let me know, I’m really looking forward to your comments!