How I managed to me more productive in the mornings while being self-employed!
My sweeties, perhaps some of you know this as well (no matter if you’re self-employed or a student): in the mornings, everything takes a little longer, almost, as if you were moving in slow motion – and suddenly, it’s already 11 o’clock! Oh no, and again, nothing done until midday!
For this not to happen anymore, I have created a list of 10 ideas how to up your productivity level in the mornings. Maybe, you’ll discover one or the other thing that will help you as well?
10 ways to be more productive in your work-flow in the mornings:
1. Regular sleeping- and waking-up hours help you to find a good rhythm for your body (in your iPhone, you can activate “sleeping time” which helps me so much to always go to bed and wake up at the same time every day).
2. Introduce rituals, for example setting your alarm half an hour earlier than you plan to get up. This gives you some time to cuddle or chat with your loved one or (no matter if alone or with your partner) will offer you enough time to slowly wake up.
3. Create a to-do list at the beginning of the week, then, every morning before work, have a look at it, decide which are the priorities and then work from one task to the next.
4. Plan some minutes for sports in the morning (for example Yoga or stretching or other light variations which you can do at home), as it will make you feel really fit and ready for a productive working day.
5. Your favourite music can be so motivating, so right before work, start your favourite playlist or the best radio station!
6. Set yourself many small, but doable goals, like: “Today, I’ll finish answering all unanswered e-mails before 9:30 am.”
7. Treat yourself with a good, refreshing drink in the morning! Quickcap Brain* is just the right thing for me, as it makes me feel mentally strong with Mate-, green tea- and Guarana-extracts. In this way, I can concentrate much better (and it helps me much more than coffee!). By the way, in this article and also in this post, you can read even more on the different variations of Quickcap.
8. No more excuses! If, for example, you set yourself a certain time to do house work or shopping groceries, you’ll be able to do much more brain work before that.
9. Plan in moments of happiness for your body and mind. For example, treat yourself with a nice croissant after two intensive hours or work or a long walk in the sun in the afternoon, when you have been really productive in the morning.
10. And if all of this doesn’t really help anymore and nothing seems to work some days, all you can do, really, is what only self-employed people are able to do: take a break for a day and only do things that you really love and make your mind feel free again, as if it was a weekend-day.
What are your ways to be more productive in the mornings? What are your rituals? And do you recognize yourself in some of my tips? I’m really looking forward to your ideas and answers in the comment section!