About my favourite Yoga-exercises, Quickcap Sports and my new tiny friend!
My sweeties, did you know that there is near to none natural vegetation on Fuerteventura, but also, almost no animals?! Not even insects! We discovered only a few goats here and there, trying to find something edible on the rocky hills. But then, there is one other species that made the island its own – chipmunks! Awww they’re the cutest, really! And I already became friends with one of them during my morning Yoga exercise. Just look at it, isn’t it sweet?!
Okay, but now enough of chipmunks and all that, because today, I actually wanted to teach you something: my favourite Yoga-exercises to be precise, which you can easily adapt for yourself at home. By the way, before you all start asking, my Yoga-outfit is by Hey Honey Yoga**, they’re the BEST when it comes to Yoga clothing.
How Quickcap became one of my favourite companions while doing sports:
Of course, I like to drink one or the other cup of tea before and after Yoga, it simply calms you down so well and helps concentrating on the here and now. But since not all my Yoga-lessons are about meditation, stretching and flow-Yoga, but sometimes, they’re all about sweating and building muscles or about preparing myself for a run.
And in that case, tea is not the thing I need to drink. Just like Quickcap tells us: “If you require your body to work more, your body requires more as well.”, So I’m much rather giving my body all it needs for a sweaty workout – a bottle of Quickcap Sports* is the best.
As you’ve probably already read in my previous post about Quickcap (you may click that one again to remind yourself), my opinion is that the effect and taste of the drink is simply great! The Sports-version of Quickcap gives my body all it needs during a workout – for example those important electrolytes and minerals. And as you’ve already stated in your comments under my previous Quickcap-post, this is not a fitness-hype, this is real, babes!
So, what’s inside Quickcap Sports? Well, next to electrolytes, which your body definitely needs during a sweaty workout, it provides your body with some awakening extract of guaraná, l-carnitine, as well as important minerals like potassium (for your muscles), calcium (for your bones) and magnesium (for your protein synthesis).
YAYY! And there’s also a discount code for you guys! Are you happy about that? Because in this way, you can test Quickcap for 20% less in price, cool huh?! So, with your code Cats&Dogs20, you’ll get 20% off all Quickcap products in the online shop* (except offers) until April 30, 2017. I’d use it immediately, especially, if you only want to try it once to see if it’s working for you. Can’t do no wrong with that, babes!
Okay, you got that, right? So now on to what I wanted to teach you: my top five favourite Yoga-exercises ever! Enjoy, babes!
My top 5 favourite Yoga-exercises:
1. Tree Pose: The Tree-Pose opens chest and lungs which helps you to breathe deeper and better. At the same time, this pose helps you to focus better and find your inner balance. This exercise always makes me feel so relaxed.
2. Vinyasa: … is a word from Sanskrit, „Nyasa“ means „lay, sit, put“ and „vi“ means „in a certain way“. Vinyasa is a sequence of poses, which synchronizes breathing and movement. The Yoga-exercises go hand in hand in a nice flow. The breathing initiates the movement which makes the sequence so flowing. The most common Vinyasa, which I love to in the mornings after waking up, connects the poses “downward dog”, “plank” und “cobra” in a soft and flowing circle and is always repeated. One of the nicest flow-Yoga-exercises I know.
3. Namasté: the word is also one taken from Sanskrit and means something like „The divinity in myself welcomes the divinity I see in you.” It stands as a sign of highest respect towards your opposites and shows that divinity is in all of us. When we fold our hands in the center, it stands for the connection of the left and right brain side. In this way, we center our energy in our heart. If you start and end your Yoga exercise with Namansté, you’ll be more self-centered and concentrate on your inner self – you will be in the here and now!
4. Sixpack Flow: is basically a fitness-exercise session but with Yoga movements. It gives you a lot of power and trains your belly muscles perfectly. Basically, the poses “downward dog”, “standing dog split” and then pulling one knee to your forehead is repeated in a circular sequence. This flow will make you feel so strong, believe me!
5. Yoga Rockstar: is one of my favourite poses, in which you start in the plank and then move one leg behind you and one arm over your head, so that you’ll only stand on one hand, chest to the sky. It may seem hard at first, but once you get the feeling for this pose, it will be one of the most relaxing ones, ever! It opens your chest and lets you breathe deeply.